|Knowledge Worker: a term coined by Peter Drucker in 1959, is one who works primarily with information or one who develops and uses knowledge in the workplace. |
In over 20 years hands on experience in conducting and later managing innovation, R&D and business it has become very clear to me that the work climate or culture in which people are expected to operate has a fundamental influence on their motivation and on their ability to perform. The lessons I and my colleagues have learned can be used to advantage. Knowledge workers require a frame of reference within which to work, and the freedom within that frame to meet their stated objectives in their own manner.
• Why do some people not share knowledge since they think it is protecting their job and their value: because management has given them that message!
• Why do some people in teams spend significant time posturing for position or showing jealousy for others instead of getting on with the job: because management has given them that message too!
• Why in some teams do we find superb performance and harmony in an environment where constructive criticism is welcomed: because management has here too given that message and proved the message is true over time by action!
The following are a few of the ways in which we can assist you achieve higher innovation performance and team harmony: these can only be examples as the issue is a personal one and if you require a specific solution please do contact us.
1. One hour awareness raising and sensitisation to innovation, the knowledge worker and effective management for best practice in modern business. Audience: CEO and Senior Management.
2. One day workshop on best practice in innovation and effective management of the knowledge worker including some case study analysis. Audience: Managers and Knowledge Workers.
3. Two to four day workshop on best practice in innovation and effective management of the knowledge worker including case study analysis and role play. Audience: Managers and Knowledge Workers.
4. Two day workshop on creating, extracting and releasing value from the tacit knowledge, structural capital and workforce (human capital) of your organisation with a focus on the knowledge worker. Audience: Managers and Knowledge Workers.
5. Specific tailor made lectures, seminars or workshops for a specific audience.
6. Coaching, mentoring or consultancy for CEO, Board of Management, Line Management or Self Empowered Teams on creating and building the appropriate innovation culture for the organisation.
7. Coaching, mentoring or consulting of Knowledge Workers and their Management on all aspects of innovation culture and performance.
© Gordon McConnachie 2013 All Rights Reserved